For a delicious, satisfying meal that’s ready in moments, choose a bowl of steaming oomi noodles. The statistics are pretty attractive too – a filling 12g of protein in every bowlful and 75% fewer carbs than regular egg noodles. They’re gluten-free too, just use them as you would ordinary noodles – whack them in the microwave, wok or add to a savoury broth. So simple, what’s not to love? Find oomi noodles at Tesco.
- Speedy miso noodles with soft boiled egg:
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil and gently lower the egg in.
Set a timer for 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the groundnut oil in a wok over a medium to high heat, add the mushrooms and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, spring onions and beansprouts and stir-fry for another minute. Add the miso, soy and the
cooked noodles. Mix well to combine then cook
for a further minute.
- When the 6 minutes is up on the egg, pour the hot water away, add cold water to the pan and peel the egg gently when cool enough to touch.
- Season the noodles to taste and serve in a shallow bowl. Top with the egg halved and a sprinkling of chilli flakes.